Look into your crystal ball for 2009 and consider what will be the biggest challenges for local & national nature lovers and environmentalists. What do you see on the horizon? What do you predict will happen on the environmental front in 2009? Please comment.
• More “Hurricane Ike” storms will cause flash floods in over-developed areas.
• Passage of Prop C will spur wind powered renewable energy in Missouri.
• The TVA Coal Plant Spill will prove worse than the Exxon-Valdez Disaster
• Efforts to start new nuke plants in Missouri and elsewhere will stumble.
• Scientists will discover that global warming effects are now irreversible.
• Obama will revive EPA and end an “anti-science” era (Got proof? Give examples).
• Environmental backlash will deepen in response to an eco-friendly administration.